Friday, April 27, 2012

Pasta Alfredo...

Okay, so this Pasta Alfredo is actually sort of my thing.  It was the first thing (and one of the very few things) I ever really made without a recipe...a creation of what was in the house a few years back when I didn't feel like going to the grocery store.  Honestly, it's barely a recipe, and probably barely counts as actual cooking, but oh well.  lol :)  It's easy, tasty, and reheats well...and that's the main thing.  It was a staple for the first few months I was doing these freezer meals, but I hadn't made it in quite a while.  I like it because it's really easy to swap in and out ingredients based on what you have.  I've made it before and added ham, or bacon, or mushrooms...whatever you like.  For today, just peas...because I love peas, and I don't need much of an excuse to add them to my dinner :)  Here we go:

Pasta Alfredo
6 servings, 405 calories each




Ingredients

- 2 sm. packages tortellini (I used Buitoni chicken & prosciutto this time, but I've used all sorts of different kinds...both fresh and dry)

- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 T. olive oil
- Seasonings, to taste



















Directions:

Prepare pasta according to package directions (Add 1 T. of olive oil to water to keep from sticking).  Drain pasta and return to pot.  On low heat, add alfredo sauce, seasonings, and peas.  Leave over heat until heated through.  And that's it!



















I'm serving mine with a crescent roll for a total of 505 calories per serving.  It's a little bit higher calories than I normally do for these (actually this whole month is a little higher than normal...but hey, you only live once, right?), but it's worth it :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment