Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Twice Baked Potatoes...

Alrighty, I've procrastinated posting these couple of recipes for long enough...it's been a busy week since I cooked, and I just haven't been motivated to get on here and type everything up.  But I had an awesome, productive day yesterday, so we're going to try to keep up the momentum!  So this is my own personal recipe for twice baked potatoes.  Rarely can I say any of these are anything that I put together on my own...I'm a recipe girl for sure...but on a particularly stubborn afternoon a couple of years ago, I decided twice baked potatoes really can't be that hard...and lo and behold, they weren't :)  lol.  Plus, I do the first round of "baking" in the microwave, so that saves time.  The beauty of the baked potato is that you can put whatever you have on hand in it.  If you have bacon or ham or vegetables or whatever hanging around the kitchen, throw it on in!  The recipe below is what I actually put in today, and is for 8 potatoes, since that's how many I was making to go with the meatloaf portions, but obviously, you can adjust it for whatever you actually need :)

Twice Baked Potatoes
8 servings - Approx. 250 Calories Each

Ingredients
- 8 small to medium russet potatoes
- 1 to 1 1/4 c. milk, to desired consistency
- 1/2 c. + 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 T. diced green onions or chives
- 2 T. bacon bits
- 2 T. butter
- Seasonings, to taste



















Directions
Wash potatoes and pierce with a fork several times.  While still wet, microwave potatoes between paper towels in 2 batches until tender (approximately 8-10 minutes on high).  Cut a thin slice off of the top of each potato and scoop out the inside into a bowl, and set the skins on a baking sheet.  Mix in butter until melted.  Add all other ingredients (reserving the second 1/2 c. of cheese) and mix...add more milk if necessary...you want to make sure it's creamy or when you bake it again, it'll be dry.  Spoon mixture back into the potato skins.  Top with remaining cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.  And that's it :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment