Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cream Cheese Corn...

Ahhh, another Pinterest special :)  The picture looked so good, I couldn't say no!  The original recipe can be found at Budget Savvy Diva.  I did add some onion and bacon, since I had them on hand from my other cooking and thought it would be a good addition.  Since I waited a little while to post, I have had a couple of servings and it's delicious.  You certainly wouldn't need the added ingredients, but I probably still would if I had them on hand.  I also doubled the recipe and changed the original portion size to go with the taco cups I made this month.  It's super, ridiculously easy too, so that's always a bonus.  Oh, and I forgot to take an ingredients pic on this one...sorry!  Here's the recipe as I made it:

Cream Cheese Corn
12 servings - 120 calories each

Ingredients
2 - 16 oz. bags frozen corn
2 T. butter
8oz. block cream cheese
2 T. bacon bits
1/2 medium onion, chopped
Seasonings, to taste



















Directions
Here's the easy part...mix all ingredients together in saucepan, and heat, stirring occasionally until cream cheese is incorporated and onions start softening.  And that's it!  Enjoy!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment