Saturday, July 27, 2013

Copics and a Cause...

Not that I needed an excuse to play with my new Copics (yes, I had a moment of temporary insanity and bought into Copic-mania yesterday), but I wound up having a really good reason to.  The other day I got an email about a child of an acquaintance of mine who was recently diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer, and all he wants is cards from all over the country to wallpaper his room with.  So they're reaching out to people they know to see if they wouldn't mind sending something.  I figure that's the least I can do, so I threw together a few cards tonight (and I might still do some more), and I'm going to bring them to work and have a bunch of people sign them.  The cards turned out cute, and I'm glad to help bring a little happiness where I'm sure it's needed.  If anyone is interested in sending cards to this little guy, let me know in the comments section and I'll get back to you soon...I'm going to try to find out if this is an open invitation to send cards (since it's a personal address and not a P.O. Box, I didn't just want to post it).

Anyway, I did a few cards, and they're not all particularly kid-centric.  I decided the point of this whole thing is variety...all sorts of different things from all over the country.  Also, I'm in the midst of a re-org in my crafting center, and about 2/3 of my stamps are buried at the moment.  So yeah...working with what's available.  The farm animals are a Stampendous stamp set, the girl leaning on the counter is from Rubber Romance (that Heather let me steal from her stash last time I was there!), the gnome (remember him from the last post?) is from Stampabilities, and the girl with the suitcase is from Stamping Bella.  Here they are:




















































































Have a good night all...and remember to leave some love if you want to participate and I'll get you the info if I get the okay to do so :) 

1 comment: