So yeah...I've been majorly slacking off on my blog...I know. My life has been crazy lately. I'm doing this mini-post to get me feeling like I'm caught up on something...lol :) So here's been what's happening lately:
- Made it through another M&T weekend at work. I bumbled my way through a little...it seems like it's been nonstop since November...straight from Thanksgiving to Christmas to all-store inventory to M&T, and I'm starting to feel like things are slipping through the cracks a little. I'm hoping now that we're through the craziest of it, things will start to level off, and I won't feel like I'm about to miss something big at any moment.
- Went to our store managers' meeting in Minnesota. Most notable about this little escapade was that we had a 3 hour workshop taught by...wait for it...Tim Holtz!!! :) He turned out to be nicer and more knowledgeable than I could've possibly expected (oh, and cuter too...pics soon, I hope). Also, I discovered I can make it through 14 hours worth of meetings in a day on about an hour of sleep. The meeting was great, but hotel sleep was not so great, so I'm happy to be home.
- My dogs are apparently seeking financial retribution for something I didn't know I did. Millie's been in and out of the vet's office for about 3 1/2 weeks now with some bizarro intestinal situation (fingers crossed that the antibiotics this time are the last we have to worry about for a while), and Lucy wound up at the vet's after getting bit by a spider and swelling up like a little puffer fish. They're both alright now, but my bank account sure isn't...the things you do for love, I suppose.
- I remembered that when I'm really strapped for cash is when all I want to do is go shopping. Whoops. I've been pretty good so far and have been staying the heck off of Amazon, for fear of how easy it is to just click away and have wonderful, exciting things show up at my door. Yeow. The good news is all the dog costs should be caught up by next month, and then I'm back on track. *sigh*
- In current events, I'm excited that Celebrity Apprentice is back on...my one true reality show obsession...I watch some of the others, but as a general rule, I don't care all that much if I miss one (except maybe Project Runway, I guess...that comes in second...I love Tim Gunn too much to miss that one). I'm rooting for John Rich, loving Gary Busey's crazy ass, and waiting for Jose Conseco to lose it and beat the hell out of Richard Hatch. As usual, who cares about the women's team? Not me. It's not that I'm down on women or anything...but I'd just as soon watch the guys take a swing and be over it instead of all the nagging and nitpicking and general bitching on the women's team.
- And in a random sidebar: What the hell is going on with this Lady Gaga/Baby Gaga ice cream thing??? A few things: 1) Lady Gaga doesn't have the word baby or gaga trademarked so get over it. The word gaga has been around forever and is universally associated with the word baby (well, nationally anyway...I'd assume the connection goes beyond the U.S.). 2) Who the hell wants ice cream made with real breast milk anyway? Who's breast did that come out of? Why are you willing to eat something with some nameless woman's bodily fluids in it? Gross and grosser, I'd say. 3) It probably won't matter anyway, cuz apparently the food safety regulators in England feel the same way about bodily fluids being in food distributed to the general public as I do. 4) I'm so over Lady Gaga. Put on some normal clothes already, ya nutjob! :)
Anyway, yeah...that's my life for now. In the works for the next few weeks/months (or longer, as the case may be): Easter cards, Graphic 45 vintage designed portfolio/scrapbook, stationary gift sets, wall art piece for my dining room, organizing my scrap nook in my apartment (hopefully with the help of some new furniture), and possibly a major spring cleaning interior design/restaging project at my apartment (mostly to feed my OCD issues...lol). We'll see. In the mean time, lots of reading on my Kindle, which is currently more of a presence in my life than my TV, which is a pretty bold statement, if you know anything about how I usually spend my free time. lol :)
Anyway, that's all for tonight...hoping to be back on track with my slightly less frantic life starting tomorrow!