Thursday, May 17, 2012

Santa Fe Enchilada Bake...

This recipe is from Kraft Foods, which I've historically had really good luck with.  The added bonus of recipes from this website, is they already have the calories figured out for you (Hooray!  No  searching through each ingredient on CalorieKing.com for this one!).  I really like enchiladas, but I find that they're a pain the butt to make...so with the introduction of a casserole version of the enchilada...problem solved!  Plus I'm always looking for some sort of Mexican food to add into the rotation for my freezer meals to change it up a little.  This one was super easy (as is a requirement for the bulk of the meals I make, I guess...lol), and with the addition of the salsa that I used, I feel like it's gonna bring a lot of flavor to the table.  I used Desert Pepper Salsa - Roasted Tomato, Chipotle & Corn - Medium Hot.  I'm sort of obsessed with Desert Pepper Salsas lately.  Salsa = low calorie snack = my favorite thing.  lol :)  They've got a massive array of flavors, but I figured the chipotle corn one would work well with this recipe.  Here we go:

Santa Fe Enchilada Bake
8 servings - 370 calories each



















Ingredients
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 lg. green pepper, chopped
- 2 c. salsa
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen corn
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mexican style cheese



















Directions
Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat to med/med-high.  Add chicken and sear on both sides (season to taste).  Add onions and peppers and cook until tender.  Stir in salsa and corn.  In baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, arrange six tortillas.  Layer on half of the chicken mixture, half of the sour cream, and half of the cheese.  Top with another 6 tortillas and repeat layers.  Cover with foil (make sure to tent it so you don't melt all your cheese onto the foil), and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Remove foil and bake an additional ten minutes.



















As always, let your casserole sit for at LEAST 5-10 minutes before cutting into it.  That way it has a chance to set up so you have a nice slice when you cut it, instead of it collapsing when you plate it up.  Looks/smells very tasty...I'll be excited to try this one, and I'll let you know how it tastes when I update later this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment