Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Recipes Update...

Almost forgot to do my update on new recipes from May's menu plan!  Here we go:

Chicken Pillows
YUM!  Love these things...those with the Potatoes ala Boulangere that I put with them were a perfect meal.  They reheated well, and actually the cracker topping stayed pretty crispy despite the microwaving.  Next time I'll stuff them a little fuller/more evenly...I was pretty tentative on how much would fit in the crescent for the first couple, so those were a little small.  But yeah...delicious.

Broccoli, Cheese & Mushroom Flipsides
Okay, these were tasty...quite tasty actually, and they reheated well.  However, I probably wouldn't make them again for my meals.  The short version of why is this:  It just doesn't feel like a meal to me if there isn't meat.  Occasionally I can make it work if there's some sort of dense pasta involved, but usually, not so much.  So yeah...the bad news is, I'd never make it as a vegetarian.  The good news is, I have no desire to be a vegetarian.  lol :)

Sausage Rolls
Awesome.  Totally making these again...often.  I used hot breakfast sausage, and it gave it just a little bit of kick that was totally delicious.  They didn't keep much of the crispiness upon reheating...although next time I'm going to try hitting it a little more with the broiler to help remedy that situation.  Either way, the flavor was so good I didn't mind.

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
Another keeper.  With the panko added in there, and the cheese, it totally reads as a potato pancake (did I mention I love potatoes?), but with less calories and even better texture.  They reheated well too...I was thinking I might need to sour cream or something like that to top them off upon reheating, cuz I was worried they might be dry, but it wasn't at all necessary...they stayed moist and delicious.  I was also worried about the cauliflower "smell" (you know what I'm talking about) being an issue upon reheating, but it really wasn't at all (which is good, cuz it would have been totally unappetizing otherwise).  So yeah...yum!

Baked Honey Oatmeal with Raspberries and Pistachios
This was the big winner of the month!  Finally found my oatmeal recipe to put into semi-permanent rotation.  In fact, I'm going to be making them again in June...a double batch this time  :)

So yeah, that's the recap.  That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment