Friday, April 27, 2012

Another Year Down...

Well, time marches on, eh?  I turned 30 today (well, I guess yesterday, technically, since I'm a couple hours past midnight).  Yeow!  And let me tell you, probably once a week I think, rather wistfully, of how easy things were in college...how you could see your friends every day if you wanted to.  Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't go back in time or anything, even if I could.  I like where I'm at in my life.  However, it's amazing how difficult it gets to coordinate work and home and friends once you're out in the real world.  And it just keeps getting more difficult as people get married, have kids, move away, change jobs...and around and around we go!  I say this every year, but this year I'm really going to make a better effort MAKE time to see my friends!  I think I made some improvements this year, but still...there's got to be a way to figure it out.  I'll keep working on it.  Meanwhile, if anybody figures out the magic formula, please let me know :)  lol.  Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you find the magic solution, Megan. I never did quite figure it out! And, yes, Life is interesting, as you get into your 30's now, and realize life is always evolving. When I realized that, I was here in my neighborhood and in the newest phase of "momhood". I was like, well, I guess these are the friends from my mom phase. But my advice to you, is keep ONE special friend from each phase. They will help you remember those special times. I have done that, and I'm so happy about those friends. They ARE very special to me and always will be. And like you said, good job on making time to get out with those friends; its what we all need! Happy Birthday, and wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete