Friday, April 27, 2012

Baked Honey Oatmeal w/ Raspberries & Pistachios...

First off, can I just say that I don't get peoples' obsession with pistachios?  I mean, yeah they taste good, but seriously.  It's the same problem I have with chicken wings.  It's a lot of work for not a whole lot of payoff.  That said, they are quite good in this recipe, so I guess I'll consider dealing with the shells again to have this recipe again (or perhaps I'll try another nut in there altogether).  I've been obsessed with trying to find a go-to oatmeal recipe for the freezer rotation, and I do believe this might be it.  I gave in to temptation and ate one while they were still warm and ohmigosh...soooooooo good.  I'll definitely be making them again.  The original recipe is on Munchin with Munchkin.  I used 2% milk and just went with generic honey, but otherwise I pretty much followed the recipe exactly.  Here goes:

Baked Honey Oatmeal with Raspberries & Pistachios
6 servings, 223 calories each



















Ingredients

1 c. rolled oats
2 T. honey
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. applesauce
1/2 c. raspberries
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. pistachios



















Directions

Mix all ingredients together.  Spoon into greased muffin tin.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.  Let cool for 10-15 minutes before carefully removing from tin.  Try not to eat them all right away :)



1 comment:

  1. These look yummy-licious; I will be making these this weekend for the kids. They might be a perfect school morning snack for my twins at school! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete