Saturday, April 14, 2012

April Recipe Update...

Well, I'm about halfway through my meals, and it's time for my update on new recipes :)  Here goes:

- Farmers Market Pasta

This was delicious, and I'll definitely be making it again.  I think I'll go ahead and not be lazy about using the food processor next time...I think it'll lend a little better to reheating to have a more consistent sauce throughout.  It was awesome anyway, but I think it'll be slightly better this way from frozen.  (If I'm making it fresh though for a dinner with friends or something though, I think I'll skip the food processor again...I really did like it that way...just in terms of the reheat I think it'll be a tiny bit more successful the other way). 

- 3 Envelope Roast Beef

Holy cow...this was a hit.  My mom's already made it now too.  Super ridiculously easy, and VERY delicious.  I'm totally trying it as sliders with the chipotle mayo next time :)

- Risotto with Peas & Parmesan

This was my biggest concern when I made it, but it actually did reheat well.  Yes, the texture is slightly different (a little less creamy), but it's pretty darn close, and it was really tasty.  I'm considering adding mushrooms next time too. 

- Chicken and Broccoli Pie

This one was a winner too.  I think I'll shred the chicken next time instead of cubing it, so I can make sure to have chicken in every bite, but it was delicious, and it reheated great.

- Apple Pie Oatmeal

I'm having sort of  a texture issue with this.  It tastes good, but it's so one texture that it's annoying me.  I think if I make it again, I'll add some craisins and/or chopped nuts to make it a little more interesting.


And that's all for today :)  May's menu plan soon-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment