Friday, April 27, 2012

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes...

It seems like cauliflower is popping up in the lieu of potatoes all over the place these days.  I'll admit, I was resistant to the idea at first.  However, when I saw the picture of this one, I thought it was worth a shot.  I had a little piece of one and it was really delicious...like potato pancakes only with a creamier texture inside.  The original recipe is at A Good Appetite and her pictures do way more justice than mine do.  One of these days, I'm going to figure out how to be a better food photographer.  Until then though, at least they're good enough to tell if things have gone horribly awry mid-recipe :)  lol. 

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
8 servings, 123 calories each



















Ingredients

1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
2 eggs
1/2 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 c. panko
1/2 tsp. cayenne (more or less, to taste)
Salt, to taste
Olive oil



















Directions

Cook florets in boiling water until tender (about 10 minutes).  Drain and mash while still warm.  Stir in cheese, panko, eggs, and seasonings.  Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and heat over medium high.  Spoon cauliflower mixture into patties in skillet, and cook till golden brown on each side. 

I'm serving mine with sausage rolls for a total of 457 calories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment