Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September Recipe (Pt. 2) Update...

This was a real winner of a month as recipes go...I've sincerely enjoyed all of them so far :)  Here's the synopsis of each for ya:

Pork Sausage Apple Loaf
Ummm...yum!  This is delicious.  I'm glad I used the spicy sausage...gave it a little kick.  It was hearty and tasty and ooooooh, so much like fall.  I'll definitely be making it again...and keeping the concept in mind for other combinations :)

Turkey Pumpkin Casserole
This was good.  The pumpkin didn't really come across as much as I was expecting it to.  I'm not sure I'd make it again...it didn't wow me.  But it was definitely tasty and I'll happily eat the rest of what I have of it. 

Sweet Potato-Topped Shepherd's Pie
Again, I think, why the heck didn't I think of this?  It was freaking delicious.  I think the blend of the sweet potatoes and yellow potatoes was good...it wasn't quite as sweet as it would have been with just the sweet potatoes, and it was creamy, but not too liquid-y thanks to the yellow potatoes.  It was a nice balance.  Love it, and I'll be making it again for sure!

Taco Beef Bake w/Cheddar Biscuit Topping
My favorite of the Mexican casseroles so far, I think.  This may or may not be because of the tasty biscuit topping...I do love pretty much all bread.  It had a nice amount of spiciness...not too hot...and the corn added a nice little bite of sweet too.

Baked Chicken Panzanella
This was really good.  It smells even better.  Yum.  As I said when I posted the recipe, I forgot to drain the tomatoes, so the croutons lost most crunch that I would've liked.  Still...if I reheated with the lid off, it still got a little crunch to it.  And to be honest, even if it had no crunch at all, it'd still be tasty.  Not too heavy, but still filling. 

Aaaaand, that's all for the recipe update this month :)  Back for cooking after vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment