Friday, September 7, 2012

Turkey Pumpkin Casserole...

Can you tell I'm ready for fall by this recipe?  Fall is my favorite thing.  I like the colors, the smells, the temperature (oh, how I love the temperature!)...it's good stuff all around.  (Except the allergies...fall allergies are the WORST!).  So I saw this, and thought, hey...it's still irritatingly warm for mid-September...let's just stay inside and pretend we're further along on this fall business than we really are.  You can find the original at (surprise!) Betty Crocker!  I didn't add the celery it calls for...I do NOT do celery (major texture issue).  The lone exception to this rule is celery with peanut butter and raisins on it...don't ask me why that one's okay...I really don't know :)  lol.  Anyway, the recipe (as I made it) below:

Turkey Pumpkin Casserole
8 servings - 350 calories each

**I forgot to put vegetable oil in the picture**


















Ingredients
Turkey Filling
1 T vegetable oil
1/2 c. chopped onion
3 c. chopped turkey (I used the Carving Board turkey from the deli area...hello, lazy!)
2 jars (12 oz.) turkey gravy
1 pkg (12 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 c. canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. pepper
Biscuit Topping
2 1/4 c. Bisquick
2/3 c. milk
1/4 c. canned pumpkin (again, NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning



















Directions
Cook onion in oil over medium high heat about 2 minutes.  Stir in remaining filling ingredients.  Sppon into 9x12 baking dish.  In a separate bowl, mix all biscuit topping ingredients.  Drop biscuit mixture on top of filling in spoonfuls.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until biscuits are nicely browned.  Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.



















I'm serving mine with Parmesan Hashbrown Cups (not pictured)* for a total of 451 calories per serving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment