'Tis the season to recap where I ended with last year's intentions and what my new ones are for this year. It wasn't a fully successful year with my 2013 intentions, but I made a decent go of it...not too shabby in a year full of major life changes, including an out-of-state move and a change in jobs!
1) Learn stuff - take 3-4 classes for fun. Did it! I took a cooking class, a doodling class, and several online classes including (but not limited to) a photoshop class, a journaling class, and hand-lettering class.
2) Take the vacation I earn. Meh. That's sort of a big ouch on that one, although it's mostly not my fault. I had a week and change of vacation ready to go for a summer trip when I was at Archivers' and unfortunately when I left, not only did I not get to take that vacation, they also never paid out the time due to their Chapter 11 filing (argh). Then when I got to World Market, I've been earning time, but for most of the time I've been there I either was in my probationary period and ineligible to take it, or in black out period for holiday time. I did manage to sneak a couple of days in between those two. So, mostly, I'm considering this a success (even if it is sort of a sad and depressing one).
3) At least 2 days a week, use my break at work to actually take a break and not do work! Just so-so. I was pretty good about this at Archiver's, and the last couple of months at World Market I've been better. The first few months here, I absolutely was not though. At least I'm getting back on track!
4) Make cards for every major holiday. Did it! Made it through even though I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it for more than a few holidays! May have cheated a tiny bit with the copy machine at Archiver's, but alas...they got done!
5) Make sure moving to Iowa doesn't prevent me from seeing friends & family. Solid performance! Since I moved here, I made a trip to Michigan, Cassy, Josh, Heather and Ashley have all been out to visit me, I've been back home a lot and even got Mom out here once. I think this one is a pretty decent success.
6) Read 52 books. Close enough, considering. I made it to 30 books, which considering the insanity I dealt with after the job change, I'm considering to be a fair accomplishment anyway.
1) Keep up with my blog. At least 4 posts a month.
2) Keep up with my crafty plans...Project Life and cards for every major holiday.
3) Read 52 books. I know it's probably a stretch, but I'm feeling unreasonable today.
4) Take at least 5 classes of some kind for fun (i.e. NOT work-related).
5) Take every opportunity to stay on track with my career goals...including getting transferred back to Chicago and talking to the right people about a position in HR.
6) Maintain a better work-life balance. Take my days off, take my breaks, take my vacation, and don't bring too much crap home to do!
That's all for now! :)