Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Art of The Sassy Card...

Well, it's been quite a day.  Big plans this morning...finish cooking, go to work and clean the office, run some errands, etc, etc.  In reality, after I finished cooking, I looked at the amount of snow on my car and gave up on the rest of my plans for the day :)  lol.  It's good though...the middle of a mild to moderate snowstorm is a good time to have a day in pajamas, reading a book, watching tv, and being crafty.  So after pulling all my crafting supplies out, I didn't have much of an idea of what I wanted to do.  Which obviously led me to pull out my very favorite inspiration book of all time...all sassy cards:

Get Real Greetings, edited by Jessica Strawser



















The important thing to note about a sassy card (particularly THESE sassy cards, which are some of the sassiest I've seen) is this:  You VERY RARELY get to actually send one.  It takes a special kind of situation and a special kind of recipient to appreciate the humor.  However, it doesn't make them any less fun to make, and I'm confident that eventually all my sassy cards will find a good home.  I've sent a few that I've made, but I still have a little pile of them awaiting their perfect moment.  And until then, I'll sift through my card drawer now and again and giggle with the thought of someone's face changing from confusion to shock to laughter over a card that I made and sent them at the perfect time :)

So all that said, here was my project of the evening.  Supplies - super old stamp set (I honestly don't even know who MADE it), cardstock, pens, ribbon, watercolor pencils, and glossy accents:

Validation (Front):





















Validation (Inside):





















And that's all for tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment