Thursday, November 1, 2012

Impossibly Easy Cheey Meatball Pie...

Well, this one is a Betty Crocker special.  I've had decent success with these "impossibly easy" recipes in the past, so I figured why the heck not.  I liked that this one added shredded potatoes to the mix...a good concept.  I would like to make note that this would definitely be better if you made your own meatballs, but 1) that sort of defeats the purpose of the "impossibly easy" recipe, and 2) I was insanely busy this month and just didn't have time to bother with homemade meatballs...I'm lucky I had time to have my cooking day at all!  Anyway, here's the recipe:

Impossibly Easy Cheesy Meatball Pie
6 servings - 370 calories each



















Ingredients
1 1/2 c. shredded hashbrown potatoes (refrigerated)
3/4 c. frozen sweet peas
12 frozen meatballs, thawed and cut in half
1 c. shredded cheddar
1/2 c. Bisquick
1 c. milk
2 eggs
Salt & pepper to taste



















Directions
Toss potatoes with salt and pepper, then layer in greased pie pan with peas, meatballs, and cheese.  In a small bowl, mix Bisquick, milk, and eggs.  Pour mixture into pie pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.



















Recipe Recap
This was pretty good.  The potatoes didn't make quite the impace I was expecting, and as I had assumed, the meatballs would've been much better homemade.  But...the easy to edible ratio was still decent.  I'm not sure it'll be one I'm craving or anything, but not a bad option for a quick meal ...and highly do-able to improvise it with random leftovers in your fridge, which is always a nice option.

No comments:

Post a Comment