Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins...

Holy chocolatey goodness.  This recipe has been making the Pinterest rounds for a while, and I've had it bookmarked for ages.  It's pegged as being healthy...in my case, they're really not any better or worse for you than the just-add-water muffins I usually make.  HOWEVER, it's hard to find a just-add-water variety that is chocolate.  Blueberry...yep.  Cranberry-orange...you betcha.  Banana nut...sure, why not?  Chocolate...NO!  The added bonus of this is that it doesn't take eggs (which I sooooo rarely have either a) on hand, or b) that aren't expired).  And it DOES take pumpkin, which I almost always have on hand (those of you who know me, know that I keep it on hand for my dog...but who says I can't borrow some for muffins, right?).  Anyway, this was super easy, and EXTREMELY moist and delicious (yeah, I snuck one when they got done cooking...they looked/smelled to good to pass up, and it was all I could do to not scarf down 3 more...yeow!  You really can't taste the pumpkin at all...just delicious chocolatey goodness).  The original recipe can be found at Sweet Verbena if you're interested.  Here goes:

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
12 muffins - 172 calories each


















Ingredients
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin
1/4 c. milk


















Directions
Mix all ingredients together.  Divide into cupcake tin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  And that's it!  Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment