Saturday, February 9, 2013

Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Muffins...

Well, it's been a while since I've cooked with oatmeal.  I saw these muffins and they looked pretty delicious, so I thought I'd give it a go.  The comments on the original were full of people that substituted half of the ingredients and then were irritated that it didn't turn out right.  Aren't those people annoying?  I mean, someone tested a recipe, discovered it worked, and posted it as they made it for your convenience.  Please do not complain when you changed the ratios and ingredients and then it didn't turn out...that was NOT what they posted.  *sigh*  Anyway, I made it as posted, and it turned out just fine.  I always try to make it as posted at least once, and then I can tweak from there the next time I make it, since I know how it's SUPPOSED to turn out.  Maybe next time I'll use the vanilla greek yogurt...or add some honey...we'll see.  Anyway, the original can be found at c&e if you want to check it out.  Here we go:

Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Muffins
12 muffins - 157 calories each


















Ingredients
2 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. plain greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 ripe bananas


















Directions
Pulse the oats in a food processor till they get to a more flour-like consistency and then pour into mixing bowl.  Pulse bananas in food processor until smooth and then pour into mixing bowl.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until well-mixed.  Divide into greased muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  And that's it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment