Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just because...

One time in ShopKo, I saw a card that had a rubber ducky on it.  On the front, it said, "Just a happy little card to make you smile..."  And then you open it up, and it says "...or piss you off."  I freaking LOVED that card.  And I have, since then, always stopped at greeting card displays to look for cards that have no particular reason for existence.  I've found cards about belly button lint, navel oranges, drunken proofreading, hamsters, lunch ladies, and plenty of other random topics.  I think they're hilarious.  I buy them when I see them, and I either add them to random art work or mail them for no particular reason at all.  I think it's hilarious.  And whether the recipient calls me laughing or confused, I find myself incredibly amused with the whole thing.  So here's a random card...sorely in need or a random sentiment, but alas...the ideas are lagging this evening.  Definitely not my finest work, but it gave me a chance to use that little chick Stampendous cling stamp that I've had for over a year and have always been looking for an opportunity to use.  I also have a cute raccoon stamp from Imaginisce that I bought the other day that I think is destined for a random card.  We'll see.  Anyway, I should definitely be working on invitations instead of blogging, so I'm off for now.  More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment