Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chicken & Broccoli Pie...

Thank goodness for Pinterest, eh?  I'm a very visual person, and I literally do not make recipes unless there's a picture.  So there's this beautiful picture of a chicken and broccoli pie on Pinterest, and I decided I MUST make it.  The original recipe is on eatbetteramerica and they definitely healthified it a little more than I did.  If you want to reduce the calories even more, go ahead and check out their recipe for the original.  Or you could get 6 servings out of it instead of 4, which would also help.  Also, I forgot to take a before picture...I was totally off my game the day I cooked this month!  Here we go:

Chicken and Broccoli Pie
4 servings - 306 calories each


















Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. frozen broccoli florets (the original recipe said to thaw them first, but I didn't)
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. diced cooked chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 c. bisquick
1 c. milk
2 eggs
Seasonings, to taste

Directions:
Layer broccoli, 1/2 c. cheese, chicken, and onion into greased 9 inch glass pie plate.  In a separate bowl, whisk together Bisquick, milk, seasonings, and eggs until blended.  Pour into the pie plate.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. of cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.  Let cool at least 5 minutes before cutting.



















So I'm serving mine with a crescent roll, for a total of 406 calories each :)  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment