Saturday, March 10, 2012

Recipes Update

Well, I'm about halfway through my meals for the month, and figured it was about time for an update on the success of the new recipes I tried this time :)  Here goes:

1) Taco Cups - Delicious!  Definitely making them again.  They kept enough crunch reheated to not be a disappointment texture-wise.  I'm sure they'd keep even more crunch if you heated them in the oven instead of the microwave, but alas...the microwave only takes one minute, so I'm okay with a little less crunch.  Thinking about putting a layer of salsa in there next time :)

2) Hashbrown Parmesan Cups - Also delicious, and definitely making them again.  Great as a side, and perfect for breakfast too.  Thinking about adding some garlic next time too...love garlic :)  Good texture...again, loses a little crunch in the microwave, but keeps enough to make it worthwhile...and again, would probably be better heated in the oven...but they only take 45 seconds in the microwave.  Speed wins again!

3) Apple Pie Oatmeal - Has been delayed till next month.  I haven't gotten to it yet, and I'm already so far into the month and still have enough muffins left, that I've decided to just wait.  Sooo...more next month. 

And that's all for now!  Meal plan for next month coming soon-ish...and maybe some crafting stuff.  I'm really trying to get back on my crafting projects...I've been so far behind lately!  Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment