Saturday, March 31, 2012

Three Envelope Roast Beef...

Okay, I was super excited when I found this recipe.  I live by myself...there's not a lot of cause to cook a 3-4 pound pot roast when you're single and live alone.  However, I found this recipe for Pot Roast Sliders on Six Sisters Stuff, and thought, why the heck not?  Now, I happened to nix the sliders portion of the recipe so I didn't have to worry about having buns and whatnot on hand later, so mine is just a pot roast.  (**However, I think the sliders sound awesome, and I'd definitely like to do them sometime).  Anyway, this recipe is RIDICULOUSLY easy, even for crock pot meals.  Here we go:

Three Envelope Roast Beef
6 servings, 261 calories each

















Ingredients:

1 3-4 lb beef roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mix

















Directions:

Put the roast in your slow cooker.  Mix everything else together and pour over top of the roast.  Put the lid on and set it to low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. 

















Seriously, this stuff is RIDICULOUSLY good.  We almost lost a serving to snacking for this particularly recipe.  I'll be serving mine with Risotto w/Peas and Parmesan (recipe later) for a total of 426 calories per serving.  If you like it though, I'd like to recommend that you try the actual slider recipe at the other website...there's a chipotle cream sauce on there to go with it that looks delicious.  Anyway, that's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment