Monday, April 22, 2013

Flooding and Photo Edits...

Well, this week has been crazy.  I think I'm glad I wasn't still living in Zion this week, cuz I'm pretty sure my apartment complex there was under water.  That said, I did a lot of driving this weekend, and saw a whoooole lot of water where it wasn't supposed to be.  It's kind of surreal knowing that there should be acres and acres of field where you're looking, and at the moment it's just water as far as the eye can see.  Anyway, I took a couple pics while I was driving and still had a little light.  I just got home a little while ago and figured I'd do a quick edit to see if I could make a real difference on a picture from my crappy camera phone.  All in all, I think it turned out pretty good.  I cropped it and changed the orientation and then fit it to "The Rule of Thirds" that I'm learning in my Photoshop workshop right now.  I'm going to do some more practicing (and probably posting) tomorrow, but I figured I'd get this one up here tonight.  Also, below that is another color correction I did to an old photo I had scanned from the negative.  I really can't believe how much of a difference it makes.  Anyway, here we go:

BEFORE


















AFTER























BEFORE
















AFTER
















And that's all for tonight!  More soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love your writing, Megan; you're a great writer :) And what a difference on the pics after editing! I, too, edit all my pics. I use 3 different programs, depending on my editing needs: Memory Manger (Creative Memories), Picasa 3, and Gimp 2. I have to do that, hopefully, only until I get what I really want which is the ultimate: Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Val :) I use Photoshop Elements 11!

      Delete