Monday, April 22, 2013

Photo Edits - Rule of Thirds...

More Photoshop fun!  Woot!  I did some more practicing on the rule of thirds and adding frames and working on the black & white workflow tonight.  Here's something interesting I realized...there's something to that rule of thirds thing and your eye naturally seeking it out.  The "Rule of Thirds" is as follows: If you think of a picture being gridded out by splitting it in thirds both horizontally and vertically, you'll notice your eye naturally gravitates toward the places where those gridlines intersect...and therefore, that should be where your focal points are, to be most pleasing to the eye.  So what I realized when I was going through photos on my computer to crop down to fit that criteria, was that most of the favorite photos that I've taken ALREADY fit that criteria.  I have, to a point, naturally been doing that anyway.  Weird, huh?  I guess my eyes know the drill, whether I realize it or not.  lol :)  So anyway, here's the edits I worked on tonight:

BEFORE
















AFTER























BEFORE























AFTER























BEFORE
















AFTER
















So that's all for tonight...more soon, I'm sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment