Saturday, April 27, 2013

Photo Editing - Color Workflow and Clipping Masks...

Finally had some time to work on more Photoshop stuff tonight for my workshop on JessicaSprague.com!  Yay!  Tonight the plan was to continue to playing with color and fit the photo to a clipping mask (in this particular case, giving it a softer, smudgy edge).  This mask was part of the class materials, and as it's the only one I have, I'm applying it on whatever I'm practicing on.  I'm going to need to look into how to get and/or create more masks, because a girl's gotta have choices, but for now, this will work :)  lol.  I'm continuing to work on cropping to the rule of thirds too, so I'm getting lots of chances to put things I've learned so far into practice.  Anyway, the color is sort of out of control, but in a good way, I think.  Here's my thinking:  I probably wouldn't want to edit photos for a photo album or scrapbook, unless there was a special reason to do so...partly because I sort of like how it's captured as it is, and partly because I rarely do formal scrapbooking anyway.  I think the kind of color I'm doing here would probably be way too much for a scrapbook...it would seem weird and out of place.  However, my intent with most of my photo edits is to be able to use them in wall décor pieces, in which case I think the highly saturated color kind of works.  Obviously, that's all to each his own...just my personal preference :)  Anyway, here's what I came up with:

BEFORE























AFTER























BEFORE























AFTER























And that's all for tonight!  Have a good one!

1 comment: