Saturday, April 13, 2013

Photo Editing Workshop - Black & Whites...

Yay!  More Photoshop workshop time!  First off, can I just say that I love Jessica Sprague?  If even a handful of people told me I was awesome as much as Jessica Sprague has said I was awesome (albeit, she's saying it to everyone who takes this workshop, but still...lol), I couldn't possibly maintain the foul mood I've managed for the last couple of weeks.  Anyway, the second lesson in class was getting high contrast black and whites out of your color photos AND adding vignettes.  It's interesting...Photoshop seems so overwhelming (and yeah, it probably is...if you were trying to learn every piece of it at once), but it's shockingly manageable to get results that you want, once you know what you're looking for.  Here's what I came up with:

BEFORE























AFTER
























BEFORE


















AFTER


















BEFORE
























AFTER
 
BEFORE


















AFTER


















Not too shabby  :)  I just want to open every picture I've ever saved on my computer and tinker with it!  I think I'll avoid that and just work on tweeking NEW pictures once I'm done with the workshop...and maybe a few old favorites.  Anyway, gonna probably work on another unit tonight, so maybe more tomorrow.  And I swear I'm going to get up the recipe update for March and the new menu plan for April up at some point in the not-so-distant future.  Have a good one all!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE turning photos in B&W. give it such a great effect (affect? hmm, I'll have to look that one up). The image with the paper rings is really, really nest when changed to B&W. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love B&W too...it's my failsafe for making me not look so dang Irish (i.e. red) in all my pictures :) lol.

    ReplyDelete