Okay, I'm running a little behind this month...things have been a bit crazy lately. Consequently, I'm just finally getting to the update from the past month's cooking, and it'll be a remix month in April, so no new recipes this month (hopefully next month!). Anyway, here's the deal for last month's recipes:
- Baked Chicken Chimichangas - were AWESOME. Pretty easy to make, delicious to eat, and filling. I had it with cream cheese corn, but I think you probably wouldn't need the side dish for it to feel like a meal. Definitely a keeper!
- Philly Cheesesteak Rolls - were delicious. However, they lost a quite a lot of their texture on the reheating. I'll probably be making them again, but I might save them for a time when they'll be eaten right away instead of reheating. Either way...yum :)
- Biscuit Cheeseburger Casserole - This was shockingly cheeseburger-y. lol :) Sounds silly, but sometimes you get a hankering for a cheeseburger and just nothing else will do...I'm pretty sure this casserole would. Reheated well, and the biscuits on top stayed fluffy. Definitely a winner, and I'll be making it in the future.
- Grands Taco Melts - These were very tasty, and I'll definitely be making them again. They kept texture really well upon the reheating, and were very satisfying...lots of flavor packed into a nice little pocket. I'll probably switch up the side dish next time I make them...something about the potato cups just didn't work with it.
- Italian Crescent Casserole - This one just didn't ring my bell. It wasn't bad...it just wasn't great either. There were some texture issues...I think crescents just don't hold up to reheating as well as biscuits, and it all ended up sort of soggy and bland. I'll cross this one off the list for the future.
All in all, a very successful month. Like I said, no new recipes/menu plan this month...just remixing old stuff. More crafty stuff to come, and we'll start with new recipes again in May (hopefully...if my life slows down for five minutes between now and then!) Good night all!