Thursday, January 26, 2012

Meatloaf...

Okay, I know not everybody is a meatloaf person, and to be honest, I didn't used to be either.  Most of the ones I'd had were dry and bland.  But one day, I was making a meatloaf from the package directions, and apparently misread a couple of things and put in the wrong amount of a couple of things, and voila!, meatloaf that I actually liked.  Here's the recipe...

Meatloaf
8 Servings, 250 calories each

Ingredients:



- 1 lb. ground beef (I use as lean as I can...you're putting in a lot of extra moisture, so it doesn't get dry)
- 1 package meatloaf seasoning mix (I use McCormick when I can, but it doesn't really matter.  It seems to be getting harder to find meatloaf seasoning in the suburbs, so I've found that pot roast seasoning works too!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 small can of tomato sauce (I usually get the garlic, basil & oregano seasoned variety)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4-5 slices of bread, ripped into small-ish pieces (I use white, but again, it doesn't really matter)
- Ketchup, to taste

Directions:
Put everything except the ketchup into a mixing bowl.  Now as much as I loathe getting my hands messy, it's really the best way to mix everything up, so get ahead and get in there and mix! 




















Shape into a loaf in a casserole dish or cake pan.  Squeeze ketchup on top to taste. 



Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.


























I'm making it this month with Potatoes ala Boulangere (the next recipe I'll post), for a total of 367 calories per serving.  And that's all for this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment