Thursday, January 26, 2012

Potatoes ala Boulangere...

Well, I needed something to go with my meatloaf...and I AM awfully Irish, so I'll take potatoes whenever I can get them.  I originally found this recipe at Kayotic Kitchen, here.  I changed a couple of things, mostly because I take shortcuts cooking whenever possible.  If there's a way to do it faster or easier, I'm there :)  So here goes:

Potatoes ala Boulangere
8 Servings, 117 Calories each

Ingredients:





















- 4-5 Russet Potatoes
- 2 Onions
- 1/3 c. Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 c. Milk
- 2 T. Margarine
- Salt
- Pepper
- Garlic Flakes


Directions:

Thinly slice potatoes and onions.  (In the original recipe, it called for the potatoes to be peeled, and then the peeled slices to be rinsed and dried, but I don't have time for all that, and I don't mind the peels on the potatoes).  Grease a 13x9 casserole dish.  Put down a layer of potatoes, then season with salt, pepper, and garlic flake.  Repeat with slices of onions.  Repeat both layers.  In a separate bowl, heat the vegetable broth in the microwave for about 45 seconds.  Add milk and mix.  Pour milk/broth mixture over pototes/onions.  Cut margarine into small pieces and place on top of potatoes/onions.





Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove foil and bake for an additional 40 minutes. 






As I said in my last post, I'm putting these with meatloaf, for a total of 367 calories per serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment