Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Taco Cups...

So I was apparently obsessed with cupcake-shaped food when I wrote my menu plan this month.  I don't know what I was thinking exactly...I think Pinterest may have brainwashed me into it.  At any rate, while I'm super happy with what I made, it definitely affected my timeline today a lot...I only have 2 cupcake tins, and 1 oven, so I felt like I was waiting for a lot of the day.  Broke my own rule about being conscious of how many items are done in the oven vs. stovetop vs. crockpot.  Oh well...reminder noted.  :)  Anyway, on to my next cupcake-shaped food...taco cups!  These turned out looking delicious and got super crispy (haven't gotten to try them yet, but I don't doubt they'll be yummy).  Downside: I'm sure it'll lose a decent amount of crispiness upon reheating.  However, I was really in the mood for tacos, and decided I didn't care.  lol :)  Sooooo...I'll let ya know how it all turns out in a couple of weeks.  It'd be a cute idea for a party or something...have some salsa, sour cream, lettuce shreds on the side to put on top.  The original recipe, on Plain Chicken called for a can of black beans, which would probably be great if you're into that sort of thing, but I'm not so I skipped it.  Here's my version:

Taco Cups
12 Servings, 203 Calories Each

Ingredients:



1 lb. ground beef
2 c. shredded cheddar
1 packet Taco Seasoning
24 wonton wrappers
2/3 c. water

Directions:
Brown ground beef on stovetop.  Drain and add taco seasoning and water.  Mix and simmer another 5-10 minutes.  Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.  Line each cup with a wonton wrapper.  Add a layer of meat and a layer of cheese.  Repeat layers.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and the wrappers are crispy. 



I'm having mine with a corn muffin for a total of 373 calories each serving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment