Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole...

There's always going to be those classic dishes from your childhood that are go-to comfort food items.  For me, tuna noodle casserole is right up there on that list.  I've been harassed on previous occasions about the use of too much processed food in this meal, but you know what?  I don't care.  lol :)  It's yummy, the calories aren't too bad, and it's not like I'm eating it three meals a day, so whatever!  One sidebar before the recipe:  1) Normally I use Roasted Garlic Cream of Mushroom Soup, but I completely forgot when I was ordering my groceries.  It's good either way, but it's nice to have the extra boost of flavor.

Tuna Noodle Casserole
6 Servings, 310 Calories Each

Ingredients:



- 1 Box Mac & Cheese
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 c. Margaine
- 1/4 c. Milk
- 1 Can Peas, drained
- Seasonings (I usually add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes)

Directions:
Prepare mac & cheese according to package instructions (cook it to the low end of the recommended time, because it'll be going into the oven afterwards).  Into prepared mac & cheese, mix in cream of mushroom soup, peas, and seasonings.  Bake at 350 degrees for about a half an hour, or until the edges are bubbling and it starts to brown a little bit on top. 



As I said in my meal plan post, I'll be serving mine with a crescent roll for a total of 410 calories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment