Friday, June 8, 2012

July Recipe Plan...

July is going to be a remix month.  With the social plans and commitments I have in the next month, time and money are at a bit of a low point, and I'm saving energy and creativity for my planned scrapbooking weekend, so I'll be pulling favorites from old menus and adding in just a couple of new side dishes to put on here.  Recipes I've already done on here are linked, new items have an asterisk, and as always, calories are estimated at CalorieKing.com.  Here goes:

- Chicken Pillows (335 calories) with Potatoes ala Boulangere (117 calories) for 8 servings at 452 calories each.

- Sausage Rolls (334 calories) with Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes (123 calories) for 6 servings at 467 calories each.

- Taco Cups (203 calories) with Cream Cheese Corn* (120 calories) for 12 servings at 323 calories each.

- Meatloaf (250 calories) with Twice Baked Potatoes* (250 calories) for 8 servings at 500 calories each.

- Tuna Noodle Casserole (310 calories) with a Crescent Roll (100 calories) for 6 servings at 410 calories each.

- Baked Honey Oatmeal with Raspberries & Pistachios (223 calories each)

It worked out well substituting walnuts for the pistachios last month in the baked honey oatmeal, so I might try the leftover pecans I have around this month.  I don't think it probably matters, since I primarily see it as a texture bonus anyway.  lol :)  Also, the twice baked potato recipe is actually mine (I know, right?) from a bunch of experimenting a few years ago, and I haven't made them in forever, so I figured it was about time, even though the calories aren't exactly great.  I might figure out a way to slim them down a little before I actually cook...I'll post the updated calorie info when I actually post the recipe.  And that's all for today...cooking in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment