Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just a nursery rhyme...

Okay, I'm not going to go very far into this (because the information I now know, I wish I didn't...ignorance truly is bliss), but I must vent my frustration on this whole bedbugs situation. 

Where the hell have these things been my whole life?  Why had I never heard of them before six months ago besides in a stupid nursery rhyme when I was little?  If this truly is just an ill-timed convergence of laws cracking down on pesticides, lack of public awareness, and an increase in travel all over the world, I'd like to say two things:

1) Just get over yourself with the toxic chemicals already.  They exist for a reason.  Can we just freaking use them already before (more) people start losing their sanity over this?  Please?

2) Where were/are the public service announcements?  Why on EARTH would it be important for a celebrity to be doing a public service announcement about giving your wife or girlfriend a PAP SMEAR for Christmas (for which, you would certainly be attacked if you actually followed said gift-giving advice), and nobody is mentioning blood-sucking, hitchhiking critters that live in your bed?!?

Blech.  Seriously, blech.  Anyway, I suppose I'm done with my rant.  Now, off to bed to hope that by some miracle of miracles, the excessive information I have on this topic dissipates overnight.  Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment