Saturday, March 9, 2013

Biscuit Cheeseburger Casserole...

And it's another Pillsbury recipe.  This was another easy one...I would use a larger casserole dish next time (larger in diameter...not depth), cuz there wasn't enough room for the entire package of biscuits that was supposed to go on top, so I had one lonely biscuit hanging out by itself after I was finished.  Anyway, it still turned out good...despite the fact that I maybe left it in a couple minutes too long when I got busy walking the dogs and forgot about it...so it's a teensy bit darker than I had planned, but definitely still within the realm of reasonable.  I adjusted some of the vegetable portions a bit, but not a lot.  Sooooo...here's the recipe as I made it:

Biscuit Cheeseburger Casserole
5 servings - 420 calories each

















Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 c. tomato sauce (I used the pasta sauce I was also using for another dish, so I wouldn't have leftovers)
1/4 c. ketchup
8 slices American cheese
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 can refrigerated biscuits (the packs that have 10 biscuits in them)


















Directions
In a skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and green pepper...drain.  Add tomato sauce, ketchup, and pepper, and pepper to the meat mixture.  Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.  In the bottom of an ungreased casserole dish, put 1/3 of the meat mixture.  Top with 4 slices of cheese.  Repeat layers.  Top with remaining 1/3 of meat mixture.  On top of the meat mixture, line casserole dish with biscuits.  Bake at 400 degrees for 13-17 minutes. 


















That's all.  Not too bad right?  It was pretty fast to throw together...I had a bite of the filling, and it did taste pretty cheeseburger-y, so that's a plus.  I'll let ya know how it goes with the update later in the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment