Saturday, March 9, 2013

Italian Crescent Casserole...

Another Pillsbury  special!  I swapped beef for pork sausage when I made it, because I already had two beef dishes for the month.  It was easy and I'm just hoping it tastes as good as it looks!  Here we go:

Italian Crescent Casserole
6 servings - 390 calories each

















Ingredients
1 lb. pork sausage (I used hot and zesty), cooked and drained
1 c. pasta sauce
1 can crescent rolls
1 1/2 c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning

















Directions
In a skillet, cook sausage and pasta sauce to boiling over med-high heat, stirring occasionally.  While that's cooking, arrange crescent rolls in an ungreased pie plate in a "spoke" pattern, with about 3 inches overhanging the edges of the plate.  Press crescents into bottom/sides of pie plate.  Top with 1 c. of cheese.  Pour in meat mixture, and spread evenly over cheese.  Fold in ends of crescents.  Top with remaining 1/2 c. of cheese and Italian seasoning.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


















It looks good and was easy and quick, so it's already practically a winner in my book.  We'll see how the reheat goes, and I'll let you know when I do the recipe recap!


No comments:

Post a Comment